12 June 2016

Sunday Snips & Stuff. A snip from Leah in Love (and trouble) This book can be yours for .99c in UK and US

Leah in Love (and trouble) Beneath Southern Skies Book 3 is on coundown for just .99 for the next few days. “Eleanor Roosevelt once noted that women, like tea, only become stronger when placed in hot water and that certainly is the case for Leah! So, make up a brew, sit back and enjoy the ride!” Audrey Lawrence The Romance Studio 4 HEARTS

Buy here
Violet Amelia Connor, known to all as Leah, is a landscape designer who inherited her love of gardening from the eccentric aunt she lives with. Leah is contracted to work on the garden of Private Investigator Sean Russel and unwittingly becomes embroiled in the handsome PI’s cases. A series of unpleasant experiences land her in real trouble where she is kidnapped, bashed, bound and altogether becomes a party to such mayhem she is forced to wonder how she ever got mixed up in this mess. But her indomitable spirit, obstinate nature, and incurable sense of humor enable her to override all obstacles. And of course there is her overwhelming attraction for Sean Russel that started it all.

Previously published as Shrinking Violet this book was a finalist in the Romance Writers of Australia’s Romantic Book of The Year in 2006.

“Hello,” I said, all friendly. He didn’t return my smile. Good grief, were all the men in this family serious? “Where’s your brother?” Nosy I know, but it was strange how he’d brought his car back, without Russel.

“Brother?” His look said I’d gone insane. Then it dawned on me.

“Oh, it’s you. You had your beard shaved off—but why, it suited you.” I bit my tongue. Should have done it sooner.

“I only grow it when I’m on holiday.” He shook his head and looked as if he wondered why he’d told me that.

“Oh, I see. I guess a lawyer has to look clean-shaven and spick and span.”

“Lawyer?” Now his look clearly said I’d lost my marbles. “And what in heaven’s name is spick and span?”

“Haven’t you heard that expression? It means neat and tidy. I have an English aunt who uses phrases like that all the time.” Some not as clean. Aunt Eliza knew more swear words than any laborer.

“Oh, I see.” I don’t think he did for he still looked puzzled as he turned and strode away. Nice butt. In fact there wasn’t a lot about him that wasn’t good to look at. Shame about his grouchy disposition.

I glanced towards the gate in time to see the disreputable bloke hurry away. Should I tell Russel there was a weird man loitering about? Nah, perhaps the skinny creature liked the look of me, or just had nothing better to do with his time. I came across a lot of peculiar characters in my line of work—and most were honest.

When it was time to pack up for the day I looked towards the house. I don’t usually tell my clients I’m going so don’t know why I was even contemplating telling Russel. “In you get, Josh.” I shut the truck door after him and turned about. Sean Russel didn’t answer my first ring of the bell. I was about to turn and go when he opened the door.

“Yes?” He now wore a maroon chunky sweater. He looked hunkier than ever. My mouth began to water. And I felt very untidy in my dirt-stained jeans. At least my sweater, which I’d just donned over my work shirt, was clean, if not exactly elegant.

“Can I use your bathroom, please?” What on earth possessed me to ask that? I was desperate to see inside his house and that was the only excuse that sprang to mind.

He looked disconcerted, but opened the door wider. “It’s along there.” His finger pointed to the back of the hallway, so I trotted off over the highly polished wooden floor. The walls held an array of fine watercolors and through a door that was ajar I could just see a light beige leather four-seater sofa and masses of packed bookshelves. I like to read and was rather partial to men who loved books.

While I washed my grubby hands I contemplated how I could wangle my way to see the rest of the house. This might be the only chance I got. He didn’t seem to find me as fascinating as I found him. In fact, he seemed indifferent to me so I might as well grab the bull by the horns and have a look round now rather than expect an invitation in later.

I was drying my mitts and making a face at my reflection when I heard raised voices. Then it sounded like a scuffle. Good lord, what was happening? I shrugged. It was more than likely the TV I’d glimpsed through another door. But on second thoughts, it had been off. Russel must have turned it on.

Please take a moment to hop on over to these blogs for more Sunday Snips & Stuff from fantastic Books We Love authors:

http://mizging.blogspot.com (Ginger Simpson)
Amid The Stars is currently FREE at Amazon
Please visit my webpage




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Troubled Heart--pre-released

  Order now for January 24 release Unsure of his real past or name, Finn O’Connor thinks he was born in Ireland and taken from his mother as...