7 February 2016

A Sunday Snippet from Leah in Love (and Trouble) Beneath Southern Skies Book 3

Leah in Love (and Trouble) is currently on sale at .99c. Buy here at AMAZON or SMASHWORDS

BUY here
Violet Amelia Connor, known to all as Leah, is a landscape designer who inherited her love of gardening from the eccentric aunt she lives with. Leah is contracted to work on the garden of Private Investigator Sean Russel and unwittingly becomes embroiled in the handsome PI’s cases. 
A series of unpleasant experiences land her in real trouble where she is kidnapped, bashed, bound and altogether becomes a party to such mayhem she is forced to wonder how she ever got mixed up in this mess. But her indomitable spirit, obstinate nature, and incurable sense of humor enable her to override all obstacles. And of course there is her overwhelming attraction for Sean Russel that started it all.


Previously published as Shrinking Violet this book was a finalist in the Romance Writers of Australia’s Romantic Book of The Year in 2006.



“What?”

“What, what?”

“This could go on all night. I couldn’t make out the look in your eye. And as I’m a naturally nosy person I wondered just what you were thinking.”

“I can’t get over the transformation. Earlier you looked like a sixteen-year-old tomboy, and now you look like a very sexy lady.”

I took a quick gulp of my wine to cool the heat racing through me, which would end up at my cheeks and confirm I was a teenager in a woman’s body. I knew I was, but didn’t want him finding that out. I liked the sexy lady bit too much.

“How does a man define sexy?” Trust me to poke my nose into his head.

He closed one eye and gave that some thought. “Define sexy? Hell, I don’t know, I just know you look it in that dress. Do you set out to surprise men on purpose or have you no idea how sexy you look?”

“I like to dress up.” It was my turn to shrug. “I spend all my working days in old clothes so like to be imaginative in my leisure hours.”

“Imaginative, huh?”

Good grief, trust a man to twist my words. The glint in his eye suggested he thought me imaginative in other areas, too. Areas that went along with the sexy look. Well, he would be surprised to learn that Patrick considered me boring in bed. Perhaps I was, but I was more inclined to think I’d responded in kind to him. After the first flush of passion—which lasted all of a month—sex with Patrick was nothing more than what could be termed unimaginative.

Our meals arrived, saving me from having to continue in that direction. “Mm, this is delicious.” The chicken melted in the mouth. “Have you eaten here before?”

“No, I haven’t. I’m glad you suggested it. My steak is done to perfection.”

We ate in silence for a while. It was a companionable silence though. Strange, but I felt as if I’d known him a long time.

The waiter took our empty plates away. He’d eaten every scrap. I liked that in a man. I loved my food and couldn’t stand picky eaters. With Lizzie doing the cooking, I couldn’t afford to be a finicky eater.

He poured us both another glass of wine. The dessert trolley was brought to us. Oh my. It was filled with goodies. All the deserts had similar names. DD was all chocolate, dark and light, and topped with chocolate cream. Disgusting.  “I’ll have the Delinquent Desire please, Mr. Russel.”

He chose something more boring, cheesecake. “It’s Sean.”

I took a mouthful of mine and closed my eyes in bliss. “Now that’s what I call imaginative, Sean,” I said on a sigh.

“You like chocolate, huh?”

“You could say I’m a chocaholic. That accounts for my thick waistline.”

“Nothing wrong with your figure.” He winked saucily.

I liked this man. “Thanks for that. You sure know how to make a girl feel good. Sexy and nicely shaped—not bad for a first date.” Oh Lor’ I was blushing now. This wasn’t really a date, was it? More a thank you for rescuing him. “I mean, I wasn’t meaning to imply…” Shut up Leah, before you swallow your whole foot.

“What? That we are on a date, our very first one?” He laughed. “You’re a funny one, Leah.”

“Now you’ve gone and spoilt yourself. I was just going along nicely with sexy and curvy and you call me funny. No, no.” I waggled my spoon at him. “Definitely the wrong move.”
His throaty chuckle sent a thrill to my toes. “I’ll have to see about making the right moves then, won’t I?”

He was a born flirt. “You and my aunt are tarred with the same brush.” I licked my spoon and his eyes went all hot. Wow, looks as if he rather fancied me as much as I was beginning to fancy him. “So, Sean, what case are you working on?”

He ordered us liqueurs after I told him which I wanted and he settled back. “A good PI never discusses his cases.”

"She's a pushy, nosy gardener; he's a drop dead gorgeous PI.  His rich sister hires her to tend his garden, but she is not prepared for what she is about to unearth...
This is a delightfully funny, romantic story. The constant escapades that poor Leah and Sean end up in, will entertain you and the evocative love that flows between them will delight you.  I strongly recommend this engaging novel to all romance lovers.” 
Nadine St Dennis Romance Junkies
Please take a moment to visit these blogs for more Sunday Snippets.

http://mizging.blogspot.com (Ginger Simpson)

Visit my webpage for info on all my books

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Troubled Heart--pre-released

  Order now for January 24 release Unsure of his real past or name, Finn O’Connor thinks he was born in Ireland and taken from his mother as...