11 October 2015

Sunday Snippet--One last snip from Leah in Love (and trouble) Beneath Southern Skies Book 3


Buy here at PayLoadz

Leah in Love (and Trouble) is available wherever you buy your eBooks. Amazon, Kobo, Smashwords, All Romance ebooks, B & N Nook.

Violet Amelia Connor, known to all as Leah, is a landscape designer who inherited her love of gardening from the eccentric aunt she lives with. Leah is contracted to work on the garden of Private Investigator Sean Russel and unwittingly becomes embroiled in the handsome PI’s cases. A series of unpleasant experiences land her in real trouble where she is kidnapped, bashed, bound and altogether becomes a party to such mayhem she is forced to wonder how she ever got mixed up in this mess. But her indomitable spirit, obstinate nature, and incurable sense of humor enable her to override all obstacles. And of course there is her overwhelming attraction for Sean Russel that started it all.

Previously published as Shrinking Violet this book was a finalist in the Romance Writers of Australia’s Romantic Book of The Year in 2006.

 “I don’t look over-dressed, do I?” I’d taken great care, but when I looked myself over before coming out of my room I wondered if this snazzy little outfit wasn’t a bit over the top for dining out.

“I’d say underdressed would be more accurate.” She laughed. “You’ll knock him dead. He must be rather special.”

I wagged a finger at her. “Don’t go jumping to conclusions, Lizzie. He’s taking me out to dine to thank me for doing such a good job on his garden.”

“Bit premature, wouldn’t you say?”

Hmm, that explanation wasn’t a good one. “He thinks I’m doing a good job.”

I glanced at my reflection in the hall mirror. I’d left my hair loose, just catching it up at one side with a jeweled clip. The dress fitted to my curves lovingly, skimming over my waistline to flare out over my hips. The green silk matched my eyes and contrasted nicely with my auburn mop. I don’t know why I decided to wear it, perhaps I wanted to show Sean Russel that I didn’t always look like a navvy in dirty jeans and work shirt.

The doorbell chimed, announcing his arrival. Oh well, I’d have to do. Aunt Eliza winked again then disappeared into the kitchen—one thing to be said about her, she could always be relied on to be tactful.

I plastered a smile on my face and opened the door. He was half way through a smile when he stopped. “Wow.”

Now that was the sort of comment every girl liked to hear from her date. “Hello.” I willed myself not to blush as his eyes roved over me, from my black high-heeled strappy sandals to the jeweled clip in my hair.

“Hello to you, too. Have I come to the right address? I have a date with Miss Violet Amelia Connor.”

“This is she. Scrub up all right, do I? Did you expect to take out a female wearing work clothes?”

“No, but I also didn’t think I was taking the town’s beauty queen to dinner.” He waggled his eyebrows as he let out a low whistle of appreciation.

“Don’t go overboard.” I closed the door after him and had to say he looked rather dishy in a jacket of soft black leather, a pair of black trousers and a dove gray high-necked sweater. “Come through and meet my aunt.” I led him to the kitchen. Aunt Eliza sat at the table, pretending to read the newspaper.

“I’d like you to meet Sean Russel, Lizzie. I’m currently working on his garden.”

She put the paper aside and beamed. The appreciative glint in her eye was amusing. What a character. Lizzie loved good-looking men and had been a pushover from as far back as I could remember.

“Tricia McGill has developed a winner of a character with Leah. With well-rounded characters, a well-crafted plot and superb, witty dialogue, she pens a book that screams read me. She gives Leah character, a strong personality and the wisdom to not be anyone’s punching bag. I love how she stands up to Sean, and when face-to-face, they really give credibility to this action-packed, engaging read that left this reader breathless. I clapped, I cheered, and I fell in love with the characters, and this remarkable book." 5 angels from Linda L at Fallen Angel reviews 

Please take a moment to visit these blogs to read more snippets from Books We Love authors
http://mizging.blogspot.com (Ginger Simpson)
Please visit my web page to read about my other books

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Troubled Heart--pre-released

  Order now for January 24 release Unsure of his real past or name, Finn O’Connor thinks he was born in Ireland and taken from his mother as...