4 October 2015

Sunday Snippet: Another snip from Leah in Love (and Trouble) Beneath Southern Skies Book 3



“She's a pushy, nosy gardener; he's a drop dead gorgeous PI… This is a delightfully funny, romantic story… I strongly recommend this engaging novel to all romance lovers.”  Nadine St Dennis Romance Junkies.

Buy from the PayLoadz store
Violet Amelia Connor, known to all as Leah, is a landscape designer who inherited her love of gardening from the eccentric aunt she lives with. Leah is contracted to work on the garden of Private Investigator Sean Russel and unwittingly becomes embroiled in the handsome PI’s cases. A series of unpleasant experiences land her in real trouble where she is kidnapped, bashed, bound and altogether becomes a party to such mayhem she is forced to wonder how she ever got mixed up in this mess. But her indomitable spirit, obstinate nature, and incurable sense of humor enable her to override all obstacles. And of course there is her overwhelming attraction for Sean Russel that started it all.
Previously published as Shrinking Violet this book was a finalist in the Romance Writers of Australia’s Romantic Book of The Year in 2006. 


“What the bloody hell are you doing here?”

Well, what a welcome? Not nice to see you, glad you came along to help, but an accusatory question fired at me.

“I went back to your house and Craig and Baldy were there searching it. What are they after? They seem very pissed off with you.”

“They were at my house again?” He slumped on the floor, his back against the wall. The one window in this room appeared to have slats of wood fastened across it on the outside. Light seeped in through gaps. As my eyes grew accustomed to the dimness I could make out his features.

“Yes, I went back there after taking your sister home. Lord, now there’s going to be trouble.” I scratched at my head. The cap I always wore while working was gone, and the band usually pulling my hair back into a ponytail was also gone. My hair flopped about my shoulders, and I pushed it back irritably.

“You mean more trouble than we already find ourselves in?” He sounded amused. Which struck me as odd considering the position we were in.

“Oh yes, a whole lot more.” I sat beside him, my hands drooping between my bent knees. “They left a note for Sadie. She’s supposed to be getting a million dollars together by six.”

“A million?” He wasn’t laughing now. Real concern colored his voice.

“And I was going to deliver it. I told her to cut up some newspapers to put underneath a few notes.”

He stared at me and I shifted uncomfortably. “You’ve been watching too many cop shows on TV.”

“Well, they said not to tell the cops or you would die. And if she went to the bank to draw out that sort of cash they would surely get suspicious and call the police, wouldn’t you say?”

“Hmm.”

Is that all he had to say? Seemed so, for he sat staring at nothing in particular. “Your sister won’t have a clue what to do without me.”

“That’s a fact.” He ran both hands through his hair. “We have to get out of here.”

Talk about stating the obvious. “Of course we do, but you don’t seem to have had much luck so far. Why didn’t you try anything while you just had the idiot called Aggro watching over you?”

“I didn’t know he was alone, did I?” I’d pricked his male pride for he sounded quite put out.

“So, what were they looking for at your house?”

He sighed heavily. This close I could see that his lip was split again. Those beautiful lips of his sure were taking a battering. I might suggest kissing him better, but decided against it. Now wasn’t the time for frivolity.


Buy at Amazon




 A Dream For Lani--Beneath Southern Skies Book 2

Lani inherits a fortune, but yearns for a loving family. The chance to grab that arrives when two youngsters talk her into taking a flat in their house. Their father, Ryan, is intrigued by the air of melancholy about his new tenant. Will Lani find the love she yearns for?
  


Lonely Pride--Beneath Southern Skies Book 1

Buy at Amazon
 

Sam fell in love with Mac when she was still a child and he a teenager. A special bond formed between them. By the time Sam reached seventeen she was in love with her hero, but one awful night he betrayed that love and Sam was unable to forgive him. 

My books are available for $US2.99 in various formats where you buy your eBooks:

Please take a moment to visit these author blogs to read more snippets:
 
http://mizging.blogspot.com (Ginger Simpson)
http://yesterrdayrevisitedhere.blogspot.com/  Juliet Waldron
 
My Web Page where you will find info on all my books

 








No comments:

Post a Comment

A Troubled Heart--pre-released

  Order now for January 24 release Unsure of his real past or name, Finn O’Connor thinks he was born in Ireland and taken from his mother as...