21 June 2015

Sunday Snippets-This week's snippet is from Leah In Love (and trouble), my latest release from Books We Love


Buy at Amazon

Beneath Southern Skies- Contemporary Romance set in Australia
Book 3-Leah in Love (and trouble) Now available at Books We Love
Book 2--A Dream for Lani
Book 1-Lonely Pride 


Violet Amelia Connor, known to all as Leah, is a landscape designer who inherited her love of gardening from the eccentric aunt she lives with. Leah is contracted to work on the garden of Private Investigator Sean Russel and unwittingly becomes embroiled in the handsome PI’s cases. A series of unpleasant experiences land her in real trouble where she is kidnapped, bashed, bound and altogether becomes a party to such mayhem she is forced to wonder how she ever got mixed up in this mess. But her indomitable spirit, obstinate nature, and incurable sense of humor enable her to override all obstacles. And of course there is her overwhelming attraction for Sean Russel that started it all. 
Previously published as Shrinking Violet this book was a finalist in the Romance Writers of Australia’s Romantic Book of The Year in 2006.

When it was time to pack up for the day I looked towards the house. I don’t usually tell my clients I’m going so don’t know why I was even contemplating telling Russel. “In you get, Josh.” I shut the truck door after him and turned about. Sean Russel didn’t answer my first ring of the bell. I was about to turn and go when he opened the door.

“Yes?” He now wore a maroon chunky sweater. He looked hunkier than ever. My mouth began to water. And I felt very untidy in my dirt-stained jeans. At least my sweater, which I’d just donned over my work shirt, was clean, if not exactly elegant.

“Can I use your bathroom, please?” What on earth possessed me to ask that? I was desperate to see inside his house and that was the only excuse that sprang to mind.

He looked disconcerted, but opened the door wider. “It’s along there.” His finger pointed to the back of the hallway, so I trotted off over the highly polished wooden floor. The walls held an array of fine watercolors and through a door that was ajar I could just see a light beige leather four-seater sofa and masses of packed bookshelves. I like to read and was rather partial to men who loved books.

While I washed my grubby hands I contemplated how I could wangle my way to see the rest of the house. This might be the only chance I got. He didn’t seem to find me as fascinating as I found him. In fact, he seemed indifferent to me so I might as well grab the bull by the horns and have a look round now rather than expect an invitation in later.

I was drying my mitts and making a face at my reflection when I heard raised voices. Then it sounded like a scuffle. Good lord, what was happening? I shrugged. It was more than likely the TV I’d glimpsed through another door. But on second thoughts, it had been off. Russel must have turned it on.

I opened the door and bit back a curse. The loiterer and another, much bigger, guy were holding Sean Russel up against the wall of the hallway. A third man was about to punch Russel in the stomach. I’ve always been known to act first and think second so that was probably why I flew at them. I directed my fist at the one assaulting Russel, and he looked completely stunned. His curse was not fit for ladies’ ears, but who said I’m a lady?

         “What in hell are you doing?” the basher asked, rather mildly it seemed in the circumstances.

“Leave him be,” I shouted. It did no good for he let go another shot and this time it caught Russel right on his chin. Perhaps he should have left his beard on—that might have given him some protection. 

I kicked the brute in the shin. It must have hurt for I had my work boots on. He flinched, then dragged on my arm and shoved me so hard I landed on my backside with a jolt; all the breath knocked out of me. My cap fell off and my ponytail swished about my face. I did my own share of cursing.
 

".... Set in the gorgeous Mornington Peninsula of Australia, this suspenseful romance has it all - kidnappings, movie stars, car chases, past crimes, murders and improbable escapes! Yet, Trish McGill's witty dialogue and writing it from Leah's viewpoint with her quick caustic remarks carries it off very well. Eleanor Roosevelt once noted that women, like tea, only become stronger when placed in hot water and that certainly is the case for Leah! So, make up a brew, sit back and enjoy the ride!” Audrey Lawrence The Romance Studio



Please take a minute to check out these Snippets from more Books We Love authors: 

http://mizging.blogspot.com (Ginger Simpson)




http://bookswelove.net/authors/mcgill-tricia
Click on my logo to find all my other Books We Love books.

Or Visit my Web Page to read excerpts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Troubled Heart--pre-released

  Order now for January 24 release Unsure of his real past or name, Finn O’Connor thinks he was born in Ireland and taken from his mother as...